Pesach: Choc Chip Cookies
Serves: 24 cookies
Adapted from theppk.com
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup walnut or other neutral-tasting oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. potato starch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Scant cup matzo cake meal
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Combine the brown and white sugar, oil, almond milk, and potato starch in a bowl and stir for about 2 minutes, or until the mixture resembles a smooth caramel. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add 3/4 cup of the matzo cake meal, the baking soda, and the salt and mix until well incorporated. Mix in the remaining matzo cake meal, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten to approximately 2 inches. Bake until the edges are just slightly browned, about 8 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.