Jazz Apple, Carrot fresh Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Kale crisps
- A little olive ol
- 1 large white onion – peeled and finely chopped
- 4 large carrots – scrubbed and finely chopped
- 2 Jazz apples – peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh finger – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to season
- A few large whole kale leaves (I used Cavolo Nero – Tuscan Kale)
- A little extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning – I used smoked salt in the dish.
- Pre-heat the oven to about 140c.
- Cut the tough centre stalk away from the kale leaving each leaf a 2 slender individual pieces. Place in a baking tray and lightly toss in olive oil. Season fairly generously. It is important to try and keep the leaves separate while they cook so if required split them between 2 trays.
- Place the trays in the oven for 15 minutes. When this time is up remove and carefully turn the leaves over. Place back into the over for another 15 minutes. Now turn the oven off leaving the kale to cool as the oven does (this helps them to crisp up properly). Remove and serve as needed.