Recipe by: Katy from yummly
Pesach: Date Haroset
Recipe Type: Dessert
This haroset recipe is more of a confection, and very different from the apple based variety. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week in a closed container
- 1/2 pound chopped dates
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Place the chopped dates and golden raisins in a small saucepan with the wine. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the fruit thickens to a soft paste. Cool.
- Stir nuts and cinnamon into the cooled fruit mixture.
- Form paste into small, bite-size balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar.