Matzo Meal Pancakes
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups matzo meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup apples, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Oil, for frying
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together except the oil and maple syrup.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter to the hot frying pan and flatten each one out with a spoon.
- Cook until each pancake is brown, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip and cook the other side of each pancake, another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
- Note: This batter is very thick. After you spoon it into the frying pan, be sure to flatten it out so that it will cook all the way through. If you find that the batter sticks to the spoon, dip the spoon in some water.