Find the recipe here and many more tasty vegan ideas.
Raw Vegan Hanukkah Gelt
Recipe Type: Sweets
Cuisine: Jewish- Chanukah
Most brands of Hanukkah gelt, the traditional foil-covered chocolate coins that are used to play games of Dreidel, are either non-vegan or are made with non-fair trade chocolate and yucky fillers. This Hanukkah, don’t settle for sub-par store-bought Hanukkah gelt! Make your own! This recipe, which is an adaptation of the raw chocolate I usually make, is solid at room temperature, and can be wrapped in foil, if you’d like!
- 1 cup raw cacao paste (or 1/2 cup raw cacao powder and 3 Tbs coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup xylitol (optional)
- 2 droppers ful of liquid stevia
- 1 Tbs maca
- 2 Tbs mesquite powder
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- drop mint extract (optional)
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler on low heat or in the dehydrator. Once melted, stir in other ingredients and mix until a smooth consistency.
- Remove from heat, place in chocolate molds and put in freezer or fridge. When hardened, enjoy immediately or during a game of cover in foil (optional) and use for a game of Dreidel.