Raw Chocolate Truffles
You can whip these up in under ten minutes and make them your own by adding your favourite flavour – coffee / coconut / lime / chilli / whatever you fancy.
- 15 large medjool dates, pitted
- 110 g raw nuts – of your choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, at room temperature
- 4 tbsp cacao (raw cocoa) powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor for about 1 minute or until a ball is formed. Place the mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes. Next, use your hands to form 15 – 20 small (bitesize) round truffles / place in a mould. Roll the truffles in anything you like: cocoa powder, finely chopped almonds, shredded coconut, cacao, chia seeds, goji berries. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.
- You can make these without a food processor, simply use a fork to mash the dates on a plate until they are smooth. Incorporate the remaining ingredients and knead by hand until everything is well combined. Place in the fridge and follow the steps above.