Recipe taken from The Adventurous Vegetarian: Around the World in 30 Meals (£20) by Jane Hughes. Buy the book here. Reproduced with the kind permission of Jane Hughes and New Internationalist.
Apple and Fennel Salad with Orange Ginger Cider Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Vegan
A stunning salad from the ‘Canada’ chapter of ‘The Adventurous Vegetarian’.
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 oz /90 g rocket
- 1 bulb fennel, julienned (save leaves for garnish)
- 1 medium green apple, julienned
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE GARNISH:
- ⅓ cup/50 g toasted walnuts (optional)
- fennel leaves
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Put all the salad ingredients into a large serving bowl, toss through the dressing and top with toasted walnuts and fennel leaves.