Recipe Type: Vegan
Packed with vitamins, this is a fresh and colourful salad, perfect as part of a mezze plate. For best results, make sure to shred the cabbage very thinly.
- 250 g green or red cabbage, shredded
- 180 g carrots, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- a few lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2½ tablespoons sunflower oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- slices of orange, to garnish
- Combine the grated carrots, cabbage, spring onion, lettuce leaves, nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, celery salt, pepper and a little water, and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with slices of orange.
- Serve cold.