|Classic Israeli Salad|
Recipe Type: Vegan
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Light and fresh, classic Israeli salad is perfect as a side dish or with falafel and hummus in pita bread.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber (or 2 small cucumbers)
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- 3 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes and pepper, if using, into very small cubes (the smaller the better).
- Chop the spring onions finely.
- Put the vegetables together and add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix together and serve fresh.