Recipe Type: Vegan
Serves: Makes 18
Easy to prepare and delicious, these Almond Macaroons always go down a treat at Pesach!
- 1 banana
- 200 g ground almonds
- 120 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine matzo meal
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
- Mash the banana well with a fork.
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar and matzo meal together and add to the mashed banana.
- Wet your hands then roll into small balls the size of a walnut. Tip: you’ll find the balls are much easier to roll into shape if your hands are wet, so it’s a good idea to wash your hands every 4 balls or so.
- Place on a greased baking tray a little apart and flatten with a fork.
- Place a blanched almond on the top of each macaroon.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the macaroons turn light brown.
- Immediately after baking the macaroons will be soft so allow to cool before serving as they will harden a little.