Lemon Choc Mousse
Serves: (Makes 12 Portions)
The combination of layers of lemon and chocolate really go well together. This creation has been a very popular dessert at my superfood feasts.
- For lemon part:
- 1 tin of coconut cream
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- For chocolate part:
- 125g raw cacao butter
- 40g coconut nectar
- 20g ground cashew nuts
- 15g coconut oil (butter)
- 45g raw cacao powder
- 4g vanilla powder
- Empty coconut cream into a bowl and whisk by hand till all smooth, add in the coconut sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk till all mixed in.
- Put into a small glass and place in the fridge to set for 10 mins
- On a double boiler – a glass bowl that is sat on top of some water (but not touching the water), gently melt the cacao butter, never letting the water come to the boil.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the coconut butter and stir until it melts. Take the bowl off of the stove and mix in the rest of the chocolate ingredients.
- Pour on top of the mousse. Place back in the fridge for another 20 mins then serve chilled.
- Will keep for several days in the fridge.