Vegan Biryani with Coyo Dip
Recipe Type: Main Dish
This will become a favourite in any vegan’s diet; exciting and colourful this dish tastes as good as it looks. The coconut milk yoghurt dip on the side adds a creamy twist to this spiced dish.
- 300g cooked basmati rice
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 200g french beans
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 200g Coyo natural vegan yoghurt
- Salt and pepper
- Make the biryani. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and add the cumin seeds and garlic.
- After a few minutes, add the carrot, beans, peas, curry powder and cooked rice.
- Stir fry for 5 minutes and stir through pomegranate seeds before serving.
- To make the Coyo dip: stir ginger paste, curry paste and seasoning through the natural coyo.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve alongside the biryani.