Homemade Hash Browns
With this simple recipe you can make your very own crispy hash browns with just a handful of ingredients
- 4 large rooster potatoes (grated)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- A hand full if fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and black pepper
- Grate potatoes into a colander and salt lightly to draw out the excess water. Squeeze the grated potato to further remove any starchy water, collect this into a bowl thoroughly and set aside until needed.
- Add the finely diced onion, chopped parsley, salt and pepper to the grated potato.
- Add approx. 50-100ml of the starch water back into the mix to help bind the ingredients together
- Shape the mix into small ‘drop scone’ sized patties or alternatively use a lightly greased round cookie cutter, pushing the potato mixture into the mould and tap out onto a sheet of grease proof paper. Repeat until the mixture is used.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and carefully place each hash brown in. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Alternatively you can deep fry them for 3-4 minutes.