Sausage and Spinach Bake
Recipe Type: Vegan
A hearty vegetable bake full of iron-rich spinach and protein-rich veggie sausages.
- 20 new potatoes (unpeeled) or 12 old potatoes (peeled)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 vegetarian sausages, sliced (e.g. Redwood’s “Vegedeli Ready to Eat Sage & Marjoram Meat Free Sausages”)
- 125 g spinach
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 5 tablesoons soya cream
- 2 teaspoon rosemary, ideally fresh
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Parboil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes depending on their size. Slice them and put them in an ovenproof dish with the onion and garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, black pepper and salt.
- Bake them at 200ºC /400ºF/gas mark 6 for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 175ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4 and add the sliced sausages and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and pour in the soya cream.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed salad.