|Vegetable and Mixed Bean Burritos||
- 4 (20 cm/8 inch) tortilla wraps
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 bell pepper (any colour), seeded and diced OR ½ courgette, cubed
- 300 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (400 g) can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 100 g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low/medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper (or courgette) and onion, and sauté until soft – about 6 minutes.
- Mix in the mushrooms and sauté until all the vegetables are tender – about 4 minutes longer.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes (until the spinach reduces down).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the beans in large bowl and mash coarsely with a fork and add the spices. Mix in the cooked vegetables.
- Place the tortillas on your work surface. Spoon 1/4 of the filling down the centre of each, leaving a 2 inch border at the bottom. Roll up the tortillas by folding the bottom of the circle up to just below the centre, and folding each of the sides to roughly the same point, making sure one overlaps the other.
- Arrange the wraps, seam side down, on a baking tray. You will find that they will hold together after cooking.
- Cover the wraps with foil. Bake until the filling is heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with salad and potato wedges.