Recipe Type: Vegan
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
This chickpea curry is easy to prepare and uses simple ingredients. The addition of coriander leaves before serving adds a fresh, zingy flavour.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2/3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon nigella/mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- half teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tin/packet (400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 50 ml water
- 1 tin/packet (390 g) chickpeas
- black pepper
- lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- fresh coriander
- Fry the onion until brown, add the garlic and all the spices, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook under low heat for about half an hour.
- Add the lemon juice and a bunch of fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice and a green salad.