|Farfalle with Fresh Tomato Sauce||
- 300 g Farfalle dried pasta
- For the sauce:
- 450 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- large bunch of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- For the garnish:
- sprigs of basil
- grated vegetarian or vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium sized frying pan heat the olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic and pepper.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sugar, wine and basil. Cover and cook over a low light for 15 minutes or until all the ingredients have softened and blended.
- In a separate saucepan cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta keeping a little of the water and mix in the tomato sauce.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes. Taste and season.
- Transfer to an individual pasta dishes.
- To serve the stylish way: Garnish with sprigs of basil and a dusting of vegetarian or vegan Parmesan cheese.
For more delicious recipes, and details of Denise’s cookery classes, please visit the Denise’s Kitchen website. All classes can be tailored for vegetarians.