- 500 g raw beetroot
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 medium or large onions
- 2 tbsp gram/chickpea flour
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 ml soya cream
- Grate the beetroot, potato, carrot and one onion.
- Add the rosemary, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Add the gram/chickpea flour and mix well.
- Form into balls and pat flat into burger shapes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry half of the burgers (about 5-7 minutes, turning once).
- When fried, lift onto kitchen paper and dab off excess oil.
- Place the burgers onto a greased baking tray, pour 100 ml soya cream on top and place in a preheated oven (175°C or 150°C fan-assisted/350°F or 300°F fan-assisted/gas mark 5).
- Fry the rest of the burgers as above and place onto the baking tray, adding the rest of the soya cream.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Slice the remaining onion into rings and fry until golden brown. Sprinkle these on top of the burgers before serving.