A healthier take on the classic cookie dough ice cream flavour. Using a coconut milk base and Nākd’s Cashew Cookie & Cocoa Delight bars, this ice cream is filled with wonderful textures and flavours, whilst remaining very reminiscent of the classic ice cream flavour.
Developed by Aimee Ryan, Wallflower Girl
- 720ml / 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 120ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Nākd Cashew Cookie Bars, cut into 1cm chunks
- 2 Nākd Cocoa Delight Bars, cut into small chips
- Mix 60ml / ¼ cup coconut milk with the arrowroot powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk and maple syrup into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, stir in the arrowroot mixture to thicken the liquid. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and alcohol.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until cold and churn. During the last few minutes of churning, add in the cashew cookie chunks and cocoa delight chips.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.