Please scroll down for our membership form
The Jewish Vegetarian Society is an international movement and membership is open to everyone. Members help the Society promote a kinder society, without killing animals for food. Your support enables us to continue working towards our long standing objective – “for a vegetarian world”. We welcome members of all religions and beliefs. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to refuse membership of the Society to anyone attempting to force their religious or political beliefs on others.
As a JVS member, you’ll receive:
• Discounted tickets to the majority of our events (we host an array of activities, from mystery cooking classes to a pop-up café with guest chefs, panel discussions, cookery demonstrations, and lots more)
• Free tickets to the JVS Film Club
• A range of special offers on vegan products
• Free access to our community library
• And have the chance to enter members-only competitions
Cost of membership
Membership costs just £12/$20 a year for an individual and £15/$25 a year for a family.
– If you are purchasing a gift membership, please send us an email [[email protected]] first to let us know who you are buying the membership for, and if you’d like it posted on a specific day. Then, please complete the form with the recipient’s details.
Lifetime membership options are also available, see the form below.
Paying your membership online is much appreciated as it saves us time and money. If you are unable to pay online, please pay by cheque or through your bank via direct debit payment:
Please complete our Donation Form and send this, along with a cheque made payable to the “Jewish Vegetarian Society”, to the following address: The Jewish Vegetarian Society, Bet Teva, 855 Finchley Road, London NW11 8LX. If you are donating from outside the UK, please get in touch with your card details / to arrange a bank transfer / paypal payment. If these options are not possible, please use sterling travellers cheques or US dollar cheques made payable to The Jewish Vegetarian and Ecological Society. Without this exact wording, the bank will decline your cheque. We would politely ask that you avoid payment by US dollar cheque if possible as we incur additional bank charges.
Through your bank
You can set up a Standing Order with your bank to donate a monthly gift. Please phone the office on 020 8455 0692 for the account and sort code details, then complete the JVS Standing Order Form and pass it on to your bank. Many banks also allow you to set up a Standing Order online if you use internet banking.
Please also complete our Donation Form which includes a Gift Aid declaration so we can thank you and keep you up-to-date with the difference your gifts are making. Regular gifts like this allow us to plan for the future, helping us to work more efficiently in encouraging and supporting people to adopt a vegetarian lifestyle.