1. Entrants must send entries as described in the competition announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set in the competition announcement are ineligible. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be considered. The Jewish Vegetarian Society is not responsible for entries that are sent but not received by the Jewish Vegetarian Society for any reason.
2. All winners will be notified by e-mail. Unless specified otherwise, if the winner does not respond to the notification within ten business days, another winner will be selected. Failure to respond within the stated timeframe will mean that the winner may forfeit the prize.
3. Only one entry per e-mail address will be considered for competition entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the competition announcement.
5. By submitting Materials to the Jewish Vegetarian Society, you represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to the Jewish Vegetarian Society free and clear of any claims or impediments.
6. You acknowledge and agree that the Jewish Vegetarian Society shall have no obligation to post, display or make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
7. You acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted by you may be made available by the Jewish Vegetarian Society for viewing, rating, reviewing and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with may be published or become associated with Materials that you submit to the Jewish Vegetarian Society. By submitting Materials to the Jewish Vegetarian Society, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the Materials submitted by you to Jewish Vegetarian Society.
8. You agree to hold the Jewish Vegetarian Society harmless from and against – hereby waive any right to pursue – any claims of any nature arising in connection with the Jewish Vegetarian Society’s use of the Materials submitted by you to the Jewish Vegetarian Society and used in any manner in Jewish Vegetarian Society’s sole discretion.
9. Competitions involving evaluations of Materials submitted as part of the competition will be judged entirely in the sole discretion of the Jewish Vegetarian Society. Decisions by the Jewish Vegetarian Society are final.
10. All entrants and winners must be at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated.
11. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings.
12. The Jewish Vegetarian Society and its competition sponsors will not be held liable for any costs, damage, injury or any other claims incurred as a result of the usage of a prize by any winner. The Jewish Vegetarian Society is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with any competition promoted by the Jewish Vegetarian Society.
13. If the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Jewish Vegetarian Society may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
14. A competition is void in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law.
15. The Jewish Vegetarian Society reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate any competition at any time without prior notice.
16. The Jewish Vegetarian Society reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter any competition rules at any time.
17. By entering a competition, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these competition rules, terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such competition. This is a condition of entry.
18. The following criteria apply:
i) In competitions in which winners are selected on the basis of being the nth person to complete a stated action, the winner shall be that person provided he or she validly completes the action, validity being determined in the Jewish Vegetarian Society’s sole discretion.
ii) In competitions in which winners are selected at random, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and cannot be determined in advance.
iii) In competitions in which winners are selected based upon skill or accomplishments, winners will be chosen by the Jewish Vegetarian Society on the merits of each entry, in the Jewish Vegetarian Society’s sole discretion.
19. No purchase or payment of any consideration is necessary to enter the Jewish Vegetarian Society’s competitions unless stated otherwise.
20. Except in the case of competitions in which winners are selected as outlined in clause 18(i), each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced. Winners of contests run in accordance with clause 18(i) will be announced the day the action is completed. A list of winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Jewish Vegetarian Society and requesting the list.
21. Competition entry is conclusively deemed to be permission by the entrant to use the entrant’s name (without compensation to the entrant) if the entrant is a winner, to publicise the contest, as determined by the Jewish Vegetarian Society, unless prohibited by law.
22. The Jewish Vegetarian Society reserves the right to require the winner to provide proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.