This is a hands-on cookery course intended to teach children (8-13 years of age) how to cook a variety of delicious healthy meals using only plant-based ingredients (no meat, fish, eggs and dairy).
By participating on this course, children will pick up a variety of cooking skills and food-related knowledge, including nutrition. They'll also learn about the wide variety of nutritious pulses and grains available, alternatives ways of sweetening foods, how to cook with tofu, how to store food and reduce food waste, and much more.
As part of the hands-on nature of the course, children will learn to use basic cooking utensils and appliances, under close supervision.
Over the 5 days, the children get a taste of different culinary styles from around the world, with each day dedicated to the style of a particular country or continental region.
Click here for fees (there is an option to do the full week / or choose certain days).
The following is intended as a guide about what we intend to cover on the course.
- the course content below is subject to change, though we'd endeavour to update you in the event of a change;
- we can't guarantee to cover all the items mentioned below in the time below, since this would depend on the pace of each class. However, we'll try our best.
- quesadillas, fajitas, pulled jackfuit enchiladas,
tomato salsa, guacamole.
- hand-rolled grissini sticks, handmade pasta.
- hummous, baba ganoush, moussaka, za'atar spiced bread, labneh, date pastries.
Delicate oriental dumplings
142 Beverley Drive
Middx., HA8 5N