Recipe Type: Main Dish
This vegan burger will put an end to boring veggie burgers and can be cooked on the BBQ in the summer. The coconut milk yoghurt dip is a great and exciting alternative to mayonnaise.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tin chickpeas (400g), rinsed and drained
- 100g bread crumbs
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 200g Coyo natural vegan yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 stalk of fresh chive, chopped
- A pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan. Add onion, grated carrot, garlic, cumin and coriander and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft.
- In a food processor, blend the sautéed veggie mix with the chickpeas until smooth. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpea mixture with the bread crumbs, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper; stir until fully mixed.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Form chickpea mixture into four burgers and lightly brush with the remaining olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through baking.
- Whilst baking, make the coyo dip. Simply mix the coyo with the chilli flakes, fresh basil, chives and black pepper.
- Serve burger patties in a bun with salad, cucumber and coyo dip.