Recipe sourced from this website, as well as many more innovative and tempting meals by the Shannons.
Vegan Baked Latkes-
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Cuisine: Jewish – Chanukah
In a world of latke recipes here’s what makes this one special : Vegan Baked not Fried Super Tasty Um – Like Extra Super Tasty! We’ve been enjoying these this with some vegan sour cream.
- 5-6 Yukon Gold potatoes (we use organic produce when we can so the 5 potatoes we used might be a bit a smaller – just something to keep in mind)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Braggs
- 1 tsp apple sauce
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp EnerG egg replacer
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Vegan sour cream and / or apple sauce for toppings
- Heat oven to 450.
- Shred enough Potatoes to make 4 cups with either a cheese grater or food processor. Then mix in the remaining ingredients with the Potatoes in a large bowl. Spray a baking sheet with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place rounded Tablespoons of the Latke mix on the baking sheet and flatten with a spatula. Then pop in the oven and bake for around 5 and then flip them and put them bake in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Then check them. Just keep flipping them every 5 minutes till they are the desired crispiness.
- Serve warm with the Vegan Sour Cream or Applesauce. This will make between 12-15 Latkes.