Strawberry Kilner Jar Salad
Strawberries may be the quintessential taste of summer, but now you can get some sunshine in your life earlier in the year with Viva strawberries. Grown in the Huelva region of southern Spain and northern Morocco, Viva are sweet, juicy and full of flavour – in fact very similar to a British strawberry.
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g chickpeas rinsed and drained
- handful of rocket
- 250 g Viva Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 100 g feta cubed
- 1 tbsp shredded mint
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- You’ll need a 500g kilner jar or similar.
- First pour the balsamic vinegar and olive oil into the jar, and season with a pinch of salt and a generous grind of black pepper. Shake the jar to mix ingredients.
- Then, beginning with the chickpeas layer up the ingredients within the jar, finishing with the feta and mint. It is important not to have the salad leaves next to the dressing as the vinegar will cause the leaves to wilt. Squeeze the lemon over the top of the salad, and seal the jar.
- When ready to eat, shake the jar to coat the salad in the dressing and then enjoy straight from the jar. Store upright.