Tu B’Shevat – Tabbouleh
- 175g bulgar wheat
- 325ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- a quarter of a cucumber, finely diced
- Put the bulgar wheat in bowl and pour on boiling water.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir.
- Cover and leave to stand for 20 minutes or until it has absorbed all water and is soft.
- Drizzle the oil and lemon juice over the bulgar wheat.
- Add the herbs and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix in the tomatoes, onions and cucumber.
- Toss well. If preparing in advance, cover the salad and let it marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- Serve with pita bread, mezze (such as Hummus and Baba Ganoush), figs and olives, and wine or grape juice.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Paul McCartney once said " If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian". Watch Glass Walls to find out why everyone would be vegetarian if slaughterhouses had glass walls.
Actor Alec Baldwin exposes the truth behind the factory farm.
Animal Aid secretly filmed at randomly-selected UK farms farms between 2007 and 2010.
NHSFor advice about healthy vegetarian diets, visit the NHS Live Well website.
Planeat traces three men's life-long search for a diet which is good for our health, good for the environment and good for the future of the planet. It’s available to watch at the Planeat website for £4.10. (All money raised from sales is put towards the marketing of the film and its message: "to help people eat in a more healthy and environmentally sustainable way".)
Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives (available as a film and book) examines the claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods. The film traces the personal journeys of pioneering researchers, Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. Both the book and DVD are available fromAmazon.